Why do you think the author titled the book "There's a Boy in the Girls' Bathroom"?
What do you think this book will be about?
Why do you think Bradley acts this way in class?
How do you think Jeff feels when he is introduced to the class?
Where did Jeff live before he moved?
Who did Mrs. Ebbel want Bradley's mom to meet?
Why did Bradley threaten to spit on Jeff?
Bradley paid Jeff a dollar to be his ___________________.
Bradley had a collection of __________.
Where did Bradley's father work?
Who called Bradley's mother?
Why do you think Bradley does not want his mom to go to the school?
What promise did Bradley say his mother broke?
Why do you think Bradley talks to his animals?
Make a model of Bradley's Bear or Rabbit.
What did Mrs. Ebbel say to Bradley's mother?
What did Bradley's mother, Mrs Chalkers, say about Bradley?
What did Ms. Davis, the counselor, say about meeting Bradley?
How do you think Bradley feels about Jeff?
What happened to Jeff when he was looking for the counselor's office?
What is the name of Jeff's new school?
Why did Jeff laugh when Ms. Davis told him to call her Carla?
What did the kids in Jeff's class call him?
When Jeff was telling Ms. Davis about no one wanting to sit next to Bradley she said, "He may be smiling on the outside, but do you think he really was smiling on the inside? How would you answer her question?
What do you think friendship is?
What did Jeff tell the counselor?
Write a letter to Bradley telling him about the counselor.
Bradley was good at _________________ but very messy at _________________.
Why did the students eat in the auditorium?
When the three girls were asking Jeff what he was doing in the girls' bathroom, what did Bradley tell them? How do you think this made Jeff feel?
What did Bradley tell the counselor about shaking her hand?
What did Bradley and Ms. Davis talk about?
Why do you think Bradley told her such wild stories?
Draw a picture of the counselor.
Draw a picture that looks like the picture Bradley drew.
Why do you think Bradley & Jeff are agreeing on so many things?
What does Bradley think the girls' bathroom looked like on the inside?
Draw a picture of what Bradley thought the girls' bathroom looked like.
Why did Bradley feel proud when he saw the two gold stars next to Jeff's name?
Why did Jeff admit to Bradley?
What are Jeff and Bradley going to do after school?
- Why did Colleen go to see the counselor?
- Why did Bradley say Jeff wouldn't make any new friends?
- What happened after school on the way to Jeff's house to do homework?
- What happened when Bradley got home?
- Why did Bradley's mother make cookies?
- When Bradley's mother asked him about the fight who did Bradley say beat him up? Why?
- Why did Bradley tell the teacher he had glued his hand to his face by accident?
- Why do you think Melinda and the other girls decided not to tell anyone about the fight?
- What did Jeff tell Bradley about being called to the principal's office?
- What did Jeff tell the principal?
Draw a picture of Bradley with his black eye.
Pretend that you are Jeff. Write a letter to Bradley - you can tell him anything you want to.
- What happened when Jeff went to the "boys" bathroom?
- Why did Jeff think his team won?
- Jeff was happy that the other boys asked him to play basketball. These were the kind of friends he had had back in Washington DC but then he thought about Bradley and shrugged. What do you think he was feeling?
- Why wouldn't Jeff answer Bradley in class?
- After school, why do you think Jeff sided with the other boys?
- Who was glad to see Bradley when he got home?
Have students act out this chapter or parts of it.
- What did Jeff tell the counselor about Bradley and their friendship?
- When Colleen went to see the counselor, what did she tell her?
- What did Bradley tell the counselor happened to his eye?
- What did Bradley tell the counselor would happen to him if he talked about school?
- Do you think the counselor was right when she said that Bradley was scared to try because he might try and still fail?
- Have you ever felt like no matter what you did you would fail?
- What do you think Bradley should add to his list?
- What did Bradley mention the most on his list?
- What did Bradley do to his list?
Have everyone in the class write their name on a small piece of paper. Put these slips of paper in a hat. Each student in the class should draw one name but not their own name. Then each student should write as many good qualities about that person as they can.
- What did the counselor and Bradley talk about?
- What did Bradley do that astonished the counselor?
- What did Bradley give the counselor?
- Do you think that Bradley likes the counselor? Why?
Draw a picture of Bradley's monster.
Write an "I Am" poem from Bradley's point of view.
- Did Colleen get to ask Jeff to her birthday party?
- Why do you think Jeff acted like he did when the girls tried to talk to him?
- What do you think will happen at school tomorrow?
Draw a picture of Jeff and the three girls.
Make a birthday party invitation to give to Jeff.
- In this chapter, how do you think Bradley is feeling?
- How do you think Jeff is feeling?
- When Jeff and his friends were picking on Bradley, he thought the "worst part wasn't getting beat up. The worst part was that he knew everyone would love it so much." Why do you think Bradley felt this way? Have you ever known anyone that felt this way? Have you ever felt this way?
- Where was the first place Bradley hid?
- Where did Bradley go after being caught in the bathroom? Do you think this was a good decision?
- What did Bradley do when he first entered Carla's office? (He had never done this before.)
- What did Carla say Bradley could do to earn a gold star?
- Why did Bradley keep saying "I can't" do my homework?
- Why did Bradley stay in Mrs. Ebbel's room after school?
- Bradley had to have a lot of help doing his homework. Who helped Bradley with his homework?
- Why couldn't Bradley go to sleep?
- What did Bradley do with his homework?
- What did Clara let Bradley borrow?
- Why couldn't Clara eat lunch with Bradley?
- What is one of the reasons Bradley likes the book he is reading?
- Why did Claudia tease Bradley?
- What did Bradley's mom ask Bradley?
- Do you think Bradley loves Clara?
- Do you think Clara would loose her job if the Concerned Parents Organization found out that she kissed Bradley?
- Why could Clara not eat lunch with Bradley today?
- What happened to Bradley during lunch?
- Did Bradley and Jeff fight? Why or Why not?
- Who asked Bradley to play basketball?
- Why do you think the boys asked Bradley to play basketball with them?
- Was Bradley very good at basketball? How do you know that?
- Why do you think the girl screamed when she saw Jeff?
- Who was in Clara's office when Jeff arrived?
- What were the two Zen rules that Carla told Jeff and Colleen about?
- What do you think Colleen had to do?
- What did Colleen say to Bradley?
- Why did Bradley's father let him stay up past his bed time?
- Why did Bradley start crying?
- Have you ever been afraid your friends might stop liking you?
- What do you think Bradley will get Colleen for her birthday?
- Where was Bradley's mom when the meeting was held with Ms. Clara Davis, the board of education, and the Concerned Parents Organization?
- What were the parents upset about at the meeting?
- What do you think about Clara being the schools counselor?
Write a letter to the board of education telling them why Clara should be the school's counselor.
Write your own ending to the story. What do you think happens to Bradley when he goes to the birthday party? Do you think he will get to go to the party? What happens to Jeff and Bradley's friendship?
- What present did Clara give Bradley?
- What present did Bradley give Clara?
- Why do you think Bradley got so upset when Clara told him she was leaving? How do you think you would feel?
- Why do you think the other animals told Ronnie they didn't want to be her friend anymore?
- Why do you think Ronnie, Bradley's rabbit, fell into quicksand?
- Why didn't Bradley go tell Clara goodbye?
- Where did Bradley's mother take him Saturday morning?
- What did Bradley think about the barber shop?
- Where did Bradley ask his mother to take him?
- What did Mrs. Kemp, the janitor, tell Bradley she would do if he didn't leave the school?
- What did Clara, Ms. Davis, leave for Bradley?
- What do you think Bradley's father wanted to talk about?
- Why do you think Bradley ran up and hugged his father?
Make a gift and write a letter to one of your friends telling them how important they are to you.
- Who was late to the birthday party?
- Do you think Bradley and Jeff will go to the birthday party?
- How would you feel if you invited someone to your birthday party and they didn't come?
- How do you think Bradley was feeling when Jeff came to the door?
- What were the boys doing while the girls were waiting on them?
- What games did the children play at Colleen's birthday party?
- How did Bradley feel about the games?
- Were Jeff and Colleen partners in the three legged race? Why?
- What did the children do after the three legged race?
- Who go to pick the first prize?
- Bradley wrote Clara a letter to tell her he was sorry and how things were going for him. What else did Bradley send to Clara?
- How do you think Clara felt when she got the present?